Personal information collection
We will, if it is reasonable or practical to do so, collect personal information from you. This may happen when you fill in a form, when you give us personal information in person, over the telephone or through our website. This may also happen when you provide personal information to the organisation that has instructed Stoneink to contact you. We may also collect your personal information from third parties such as your authorised representative, adviser or through publicly available sources of information. Stoneink may collect, hold and use your personal information such as:
• information about your name, address(es), email address(es), date of birth;
• any information that you provide to Stoneink or its client;
• information about your use of our website;
• any other information Stoneink considers necessary.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
• whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
• whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
The types of personal information that Stoneink collects typically includes your:
• contact details (such as address, telephone and email);
• date of birth;
• account details;
• marital status and other household information such as number and age of dependents;
• occupation and employment information;
• financial information such as assets, liabilities, income and expenditure;
• complaint details; and
• involvement as a party in pending and completed legal proceedings.
Other types of personal information that Stoneink collects relates to credit information. This typically includes:
• identification information;
• credit liability information;
• credit history;
• type and amount of credit;
• details of amounts payable and when such amounts are payable;
• repayment history, including when payments were made and whether payments
were made when due; and
• default information.
Using personal information
Stoneink may use your personal information to:
• initiate contact with you or an appropriate third party;
• collect payments from you;
• administer or personalise its website or to enable your access to and use of the website services.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, Stoneink may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Updating your information
Stoneink takes care that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate and complete. We will take reasonable steps to make sure this is the case. If you believe your personal information is not accurate, complete or up to date please contact us.
Protecting your personal information
We are committed to ensuring the security of your personal information. We store information in both hard copy and electronic form. We protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. The steps that we take to protect your personal information include:
• ensuring database security through password protection and secure servers and data storage devices
• encryption of certain records; and
• staff training on regarding Privacy.
Disclosure of personal information
Stoneink only discloses personal information as authorised or required by law. This may involve disclosing such information to:
• organisations forming part of the Stoneink Group of Companies;
• our authorised agents;
• our legal advisors;
• your authorised representatives;
• courts and tribunals;
• our service providers where we outsource functions (such as process serving, repossession, bulk mailing, information technology maintenance, functionality and support or document storage);
• any entity that may acquire an interest in your loan account; and
• other persons with your consent.
Disclosure to credit reporting bodies
Stoneink may also disclose certain credit related personal information to credit reporting bodies.
For example, if you fail to meet repayment obligations, we may be entitled to disclose this to a credit reporting body. When such information is disclosed to a credit reporting body, the credit reporting body may include such information in reports provided to credit providers to assist them in assessing your credit worthiness.
Access to personal information
You have the right to request access to any personal information that we hold about you and for such information to be corrected. You can make a request for access to your personal information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
In some circumstances, we may refuse to provide you with access to your personal information. These circumstances include where:
• providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
• the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings and would not be discoverable in those proceedings;
• providing access would reveal our intentions in relation to negotiations with you in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations;
• providing access would be unlawful;
• denying access is otherwise required or authorised by law; and
• the request for access is frivolous or vexatious.
In the event that we refuse to provide you with access to your personal information, we will provide you with an explanation for that refusal. Depending on the complexity of the information and/or the request, we will respond to any request for access within 30 days.
You will not be charged a fee for making a request to access your personal information. However, depending on the type of request, a fee may apply and be charged for providing the information to you. The fee covers the cost to us in collating, copying and providing certain information to you.
We will endeavour to provide the requested information as promptly and inexpensively as possible. Following receipt of your request, we will let you know if a fee applies and if so, the amount.
Any applicable fee will most likely be required to be paid prior to us providing documents or information to you. Information about how any applicable fee is calculated will be provided following receipt of your request.
Stoneink will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. This allows us to provide quality services to you. If you believe the information we hold about you is incorrect, please write to us at the address listed below.
Updating this policy
• by email to email@example.com or
• by post to PO Box W245 Parramatta Westfield NSW 2150